Vahid Yazdanpanah, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, University of Southampton
Artificial Intelligence | Multiagent Systems | Intelligent Agents | Formal Methods | Game Theory
I am a postdoctoral research fellow (as of June 2020) in the Agents, Interaction and Complexity (AIC) research group in the Department of Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton.
I received my PhD from the University of Twente on the application of multiagent techniques for implementing circular economy practices (2015 - 2019) and did my Master in Artificial Intelligence at Utrecht University (2013 - 2015). I also hold a Master degree in Business Administration from University of Greenwich in a joint program with Saxion UAS (2011 - 2012).
My focus is on intelligent agent technologies, decision support concepts, and formal methods for multiagent systems. In particular, modeling the behavior of multiagent systems and logical frameworks to represent and reason about decision processes in multiagent settings. The following points characterize my general research interests:
- Agent-based computing
- Logics for multiagent systems
- Strategic decision making and game theoretic approaches
- Temporal representation and reasoning
- Virtual organizations/institutions
- Group responsibility and related socio-technical concepts
From July to October 2019, I was an academic visitor at Imperial College London, visiting Prof. Nick Jennings.
Program Committee Member:
- The 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-2020)
- The 24th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI-2020)
- Journal of Artificial Intelligence (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Production Economics (Elsevier)
- EUMAS - European Conference on Multiagent Systems
- MATES - German Conference on Multiagent Systems
- BNAIC - Benelux Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Best paper award of PRIMA 2016 (19th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems) for “Distant Group Responsibility in Multi-Agent Systems” (joint work with Mehdi Dastani).
At the University of Twente, I was involved in design, delivery, and evaluation of the following MSc. courses:
- Multiagent Systems (2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20)
- Sustainable Business Development (2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20)
- Bioresource Supply Chain Management (2018/19, 2019/20)
Email: MyFirstName [at] MyLastName [dot] Net