Vahid Yazdanpanah, Ph.D.
Artificial Intelligence | Multiagent Systems | Intelligent Agents | Formal Methods | Game Theory
I concluded my PhD research (defended on 27 November 2019) under the supervision of Prof. Henk Zijm and Dr. Devrim Yazan in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Business Information Systems (IEBIS) at the University of Twente. My PhD research was a part of the SHAREBOX project. The goal of this EU2020 project was to develop a secure management platform for shared process resources. Our team at IEBIS developed intelligent decision support tools that are integrated into the SHAREBOX platform.
I completed my Master in Artificial Intelligence (MSc) at Utrecht University, under the supervision of Prof. Mehdi Dastani. I also hold a Master degree in Business Administration (MBA) from University of Greenwich in a joint program with Saxion UAS.
My focus is on intelligent agent technologies, decision support concepts, and formal methods for multiagent systems. In particular, modeling the behavior of multiagent systems and logical frameworks to represent and reason about decision processes in multiagent settings. The following points characterize my general research interests:
- Agent-based computing
- Logics for multiagent systems
- Strategic decision making and game theoretic approaches
- Temporal representation and reasoning
- Virtual organizations/institutions
- Group responsibility and related socio-technical concepts
From July to October 2019, I was an academic visitor at Imperial College London, visiting Prof. Nick Jennings.
Program Committee Member:
- The 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-2020)
- The 24th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI-2020)
- Journal of Artificial Intelligence (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Production Economics (Elsevier)
- EUMAS - European Conference on Multiagent Systems
- MATES - German Conference on Multiagent Systems
- BNAIC - Benelux Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Best paper award of PRIMA 2016 (19th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems) for “Distant Group Responsibility in Multi-Agent Systems” (joint work with Mehdi Dastani).
Since September 2016, I am involved in the design, delivery, and coordination of the following MSc. courses at University of Twente:
- Multiagent Systems (2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20)
- Sustainable Business Development (2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20)
- Bioresource Supply Chain Management (2018/19, 2019/20)
Email: MyFirstName [at] MyLastName [dot] Net